Harry is a strong believer in Ken Blanchard’s three key elements of corporate success. That is to say, what can we do collaboratively to make a company the:
- investment of choice
- employer of choice
- provider of choice
The key to helping companies achieve ideal scores in these areas is based on:
- the need to have measurable outcomes – if you don’t know where you are going and when you have arrived, how do you know if you are doing the right thing?
- the appropriate use of technology to enable business – too many technology solutions are over architected
- helping leaders to discover / rediscover vision, mission, purpose, core values and establishment of measurable outcomes (goals)
- assisting leaders to build this vision with contribution from their teams
- building teams based on their strengths and finding ways to utilize those strengths
- creating a success model built upon individual and team purpose, where everyone knows their contribution to the success of the greater good
- creating a sense of urgency around success – success being measured by what is considered important to the individual
There are four questions that Harry things are important. The first three are obvious – the fourth one is the one that allows for the definition of project success.
- Why are we doing it?
- What are we doing?
- How are we doing it?
- For the previous three questions – how do we know (using non-subjective, fact-based answers)?